Search Long Island Hotels, Queensland
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Long Island
Visitors to Long Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Whitehaven Beach, Hamilton Island Marina and Catseye Beach.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Long Island
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Pelican Island and Palm Bay Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Whitehaven Beach and Hamilton Island Marina.
As you plan your holiday to Long Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 212 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Palm Bay Resort is 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Long Island can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. Our customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Elysian Retreat - All-Inclusive is located within 1.8 mi (2.9 km) of the city centre. This 4.5-star hotel in Long Island features a private beach, free breakfast and a restaurant.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Catseye Beach, located 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre, and Airlie Beach Lagoon, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Dressing for Long Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 21°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Long Island gets about 48 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 14°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Long Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Long Island, will I receive a refund?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Long Island?
Long Island Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Long Island by Star Rating
- Hotels near Long Island Airports
- Accommodation near Long Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in Long Island
- Choose Your Long Island Hotel Style
- Search Long Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Long Island
- Hotels Near Long Island, Queensland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends