Families will find kid-friendly activities in Limavady, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and spas. Around the area, top sights include Tower Museum, Derry City Walls and Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Limavady
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 9 mi (14.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Limavady
The city's natural beauty is on display at Roe Valley Country Park, Magilligan Point and Magilligan - Benone Strand. Golfing is a top activity, and Roe Park Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Benone Tourist Complex to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Limavady. This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Roe Park Resort - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 2 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Tower Museum, 15.7 mi/25.2 km from the city centre, and Derry City Walls, which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Dressing for Limavady
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Limavady is 850.90 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C