Visitors to Knaresborough are sure to enjoy the bars and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers and parks. Top sights around the area include Turkish Baths and Health Spa, Fountains Abbey and Roundhay Park.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Knaresborough
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 34 mi (54.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Knaresborough
Notable city landmarks like Knaresborough Castle and Allerton Castle might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Mother Shipton's Cave and Plumpton Rocks exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Turkish Baths and Health Spa and Fountains Abbey.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Knaresborough. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Goldsborough Hall - This 5-star country house features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- The Market Tavern - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 2-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with satellite TV.
- Dower House Hotel & Spa, Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Roundhay Park, 13 mi/20.9 km from the heart of the city, and York National Railway Museum, which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away.
Getting around Knaresborough
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Knaresborough Station. Knaresborough might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Knaresborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 551.10 millimetres of rain falls on Knaresborough each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C