Search Hotels in Jerusalem
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Jerusalem
Jerusalem City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(116 area reviews)
Unique features of Jerusalem City Centre include the historical sites and museums. Make a stop by Ben Yehuda Street or Jerusalem Great Synagogue while you're exploring the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(16 area reviews)
Winding streets, important religious structures and ancient architecture all help to make Jerusalem’s Old City one of the most interesting destinations in Israel.
While visiting Nachlaot, you might make a stop by sights like Machane Yehuda Market and Ben Yehuda Street.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Jerusalem, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, shopping and abundant cafes. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its museums, cathedrals and temples. Top sights in the city include Machane Yehuda Market, Knesset and Jerusalem Great Synagogue.
- There are 522 hotels and other accommodation options in Jerusalem
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 24.8 mi (40 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jerusalem
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Bible Lands Museum, Shrine of the Book and Israel Museum. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Jerusalem Great Synagogue, Garden Tomb and Jaffa Gate. The city's natural beauty is on display at Temple Mount, Mount Zion and Garden of Gethsemane.
Other favourite sights in Jerusalem include Machane Yehuda Market, Knesset and Mamilla Mall. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Church of the Nativity, 5.6 mi/9 km from the city centre.
Getting around Jerusalem
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Jerusalem Malha Station, Jerusalem Biblical Zoo Station or Beit Shemesh Station. Jerusalem might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Jerusalem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jerusalem is 491.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Jerusalem?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jerusalem, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Jerusalem?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Jerusalem?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Jerusalem?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Jerusalem?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Jerusalem?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Jerusalem?
Where's the best place to stay in Jerusalem to absorb the local history?
Jerusalem Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Jerusalem by Star Rating
- Hotels near Jerusalem Airports
- Areas of Jerusalem
- Accommodation near Jerusalem Attractions
- More accommodation types in Jerusalem
- Choose Your Jerusalem Hotel Style
- Search Jerusalem Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Jerusalem
- Hotels Near Jerusalem, Israel
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends