Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jacksonville, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. In Jacksonville, there are 364 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city centre. The next closest is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Jacksonville
Cultural venues in the city include New Bern Civic Theatre, Pepsi Museum and New Bern Firemen's Museum. Favourite family attractions include Lynnwood Park Zoo and Isaac Taylor Garden. The city is notable for landmarks like Surf City Pier, Tryon Palace and Pelletier House.
In Sneads Ferry, you'll find 364 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Jarvis at 220 - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- The Aerie Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Benjamin Ellis House Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Camp Lejeune Main Gate and Visitor Center, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Jacksonville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 1378.90 millimetres of rain falls on Jacksonville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C