Visiting Harkers Island
Guests are sure to enjoy the island, fishing and aquarium in Harkers Island. This city also attracts visitors with its boating, museums and surfing.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 38 mi (61.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Harkers Island
- Fishing, taking a ferry and boating are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Town Creek Marina, Morehead City Port, and Triple S Marina
- Museums and festivals are well-known in the area, and attractions include Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center, Beaufort Historic Site, and North Carolina Maritime Museum
Getting around Harkers Island
There are many transport options in Harkers Island. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Dressing for Harkers Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Harkers Island is 1390 millimetres