Visiting Carolina Beach
Travellers to Carolina Beach give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium, seafood restaurants and live music. Top sights in the city include Carolina Beach Boardwalk and Carolina Beach.
- You'll find 383 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Carolina Beach
Notable city landmarks like Carolina Beach Boardwalk and Carolina Beach Fishing Pier might be worth a visit. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Carolina Beach, Carolina Beach State Park and Freeman Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wrightsville Beach and Mayfaire Town Center.
In Kure Beach, there are 284 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Carolina Beach Oceanfront - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Dry Dock Vacation Club - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
A popular place to see outside the city is Wilmington Convention Center, located 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Carolina Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 1420 millimetres of rain falls on Carolina Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C