Visitors to Southport are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Top sights around the area include Carolina Beach Boardwalk, Carolina Beach and Holden Beach.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Southport
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 54.4 mi (87.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southport
Cultural venues in the city include North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport, Franklin Square Gallery and Old Brunswick County Jail Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Southport Marina to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Southport. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Southport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Comfort Suites Southport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wrightsville Beach, located 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Carolina Beach Boardwalk, which is 10.8 mi/17.4 km away.
Dressing for Southport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Southport gets about 1420 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C