History buffs will enjoy a visit to Izunokuni, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the ruins and castle. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, scenic landscape city can discover its hot springs, restaurants and theme park.
- There are 4 Izunokuni hotels
- March is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Izunokuni
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Katsuragiyama Ropeway, IzuOhito Country Club, and Tokko-no-yu Hot Spring are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Izu World Hawaiians, Cycle Sports Center, and Awashima Marine Park
- Notable for its ruins, castle, historic sites and landmarks such as Nirayama Furnace, Hie Shrine, and Shigetsu-den
- The hot springs and parks highlight the natural beauty, and Izu Oceanic Park, Tanna Fault, and Shuzenji Nature Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Izunokuni
There are many transport options in Izunokuni. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Izunagaoka station.
Staying in Izunokuni
You might like Shoheiso Ryokan for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
Shoheiso Ryokan, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Izunokuni
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, while the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Izunokuni is 1159 millimetres