Guests will want to experience the spas, hot springs and restaurants in Mishima. Welcoming and cosy, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its sightseeing, mountains and festivals.
- There are 2 Mishima hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Shizuoka (FSZ-Mt. Fuji - Shizuoka), 49.6 mi (79.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Mishima
- Sightseeing is one of the top activities, whereas Shirataki Park, Kakitagawa Park, and Mt. Kanuki are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its festivals, whereas Ooka Makoto Kotoba Museum, Sano Art Museum, and Vangi Sculpture Garden Museum are some local cultural sights
- Notable landmarks include Ryutaku-ji Temple, Mishima Taisha Shrine, and Yamanaka Castle
- The hot springs, mountains and lakes provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Ayutsubo Waterfall, Susono Fishing Park, and Chuo Park
Getting around Mishima
Mishima has plenty of options for transport. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Mishima Station.
Staying in Mishima
For trips with large groups, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Dormy Inn Mishima.
You may enjoy a stay at Hotel Massimo Mishima for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Dormy Inn Mishima with a 4 out of 5 user rating, whereas Hotel Massimo Mishima has a 3.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Mishima
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Mishima gets about 38 millimetres of rain per year