Guests will appreciate the diving, surfing and golfing in Ichihara. This cultural, seaside city also attracts visitors with its fishing, flowers and mountains.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ichihara
- Diving, surfing and golfing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Taiheiyo Club Ichihara Course, Chiba Lakeside Country Club, and Ichihara Fishing Park
- Notable landmarks include Kamifusa Nunnery Remains Exhibition Pavilion, Horaiji Kannon Temple, and Saigan-ji Temple
- The flowers, mountains and the sea provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Ichihara City Museum of Water and Sculptures, Akimoto Ranch, and Tarzania
Getting around Ichihara
Ichihara has plenty of options for transport. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Chiba Umatate Station, Chiba Kofudai Station or Chiba Kazusa-Yamada Station.
Dressing for Ichihara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 52 millimetres of rain falls on Ichihara each year