Visiting Harbor Springs
Visitors to Harbor Springs are sure to enjoy the skiing, port and restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and golf courses. A top sight in the city is Nub's Nob Ski Area.
- You'll find 459 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Petoskey
- The closest major airport is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harbor Springs
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Tunnel of Trees, Harbor Springs Beach and Crooked Lake. Skiing, exploring the port and golfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Little Traverse Bay Golf Course, Boyne Highlands Ski Area and Harbor Springs Vineyards and Winery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nub's Nob Ski Area and Andrew J. Blackbird Museum.
In Pellston, there are 115 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western of Harbor Springs - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Colonial Inn in Harbor Springs - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 2.5-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Birchwood Inn - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Mackinac Bridge, located 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Harbor Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 6°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Harbor Springs gets about 811.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -10°C