Travellers to Petoskey give high marks for the lakeside setting, ski areas and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, cafes and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Torch Lake, Nub's Nob Ski Area and Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark.
- There are 444 hotels and other accommodation options in Petoskey
- The closest major airport is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Petoskey
Cultural venues in the city include Charlevoix Circle of Arts, Little Traverse History Museum and Great Lakes Center for the Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Castle Farms, Cross In The Woods National Shrine and Michigan Central Depot Historical Marker. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Torch Lake, Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Huron.
In Boyne City, you can choose from 444 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Horton Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Stafford's Crooked River Lodge & Suites - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Petoskey - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other top sights in Petoskey include Nub's Nob Ski Area and Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark.
Dressing for Petoskey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 6°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Petoskey is 812 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -10°C