Guests will want to experience the gardens, restaurants and flowers in Giarre. Welcoming and tucked away, this city also attracts visitors with its cheese, wineries and beaches.
- There are 8 Giarre hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Giarre
- Top activities include wine tasting and taking an excursion, whereas San Marco Beach, Piano Provenzana Ski Resort, and Taormina Cable Car are great sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Adventure Park Etna, Butterfly House, and EtnAvventura
- Notable landmarks include Cathedral of Acireale, Greek Theatre, and Norman Castle
- The gardens, flowers and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Mount Etna, Lido Mazzaro, and Lido Copacabana
Getting around Giarre
Giarre has many options for getting around. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Giarre Riposto Station.
Staying in Giarre
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may appreciate these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- B&B Di Charme Alhambra
- Hotel Etna
B&B Di Charme Alhambra, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Etna has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Giarre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Giarre is 527 millimetres