Search Ghent Hotels, Flemish Region
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Ghent
Ghent City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(70 area reviews)
Historical sites, cafes and museums are some highlights of Ghent City Centre. Make a stop by Saint Bavo Cathedral or Gravensteen Castle while you're exploring.
4.5/5Wonderful!(16 area reviews)
Unique features of Stationsbuurt Noord include the historical sites and restaurants. Make a stop by Museum of Fine Arts or Citadel Park while you're exploring the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(2 area reviews)
Patershol is noteworthy for its restaurants, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Gravensteen Castle and Kraanlei.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ghent, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its museums, art and local tours. A top sight in the city is Gravensteen Castle.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodation options in Ghent
- The closest major airport is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 34.8 mi (55.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ghent
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include University Auditorium, Capitole Theatre and Bijloke Music Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Gravensteen Castle, Belfry of Ghent, and Saint Bavo Cathedral. The city's natural beauty is on display at Citadel Park, Blaarmeersen Recreation Area and Ghent University Botanical Garden.
Getting around Ghent
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Ghent-Dampoort Station, Ghent-Sint-Pieters Station or Gentbrugge Station. Ghent may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ghent
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- About 751.80 millimetres of rain falls on Ghent each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Ghent?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ghent, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Ghent?
What's the best hotel for families in Ghent?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Ghent?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Ghent?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Ghent?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Ghent?
What's the best boutique hotel in Ghent?
What's the best accommodation in Ghent that's close to historical sites?
Ghent Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Ghent by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ghent Airports
- Areas of Ghent
- Accommodation near Ghent Attractions
- More accommodation types in Ghent
- Choose Your Ghent Hotel Style
- Search Ghent Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Ghent
- Hotels Near Ghent, Flemish Region
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends