Travellers to Escazu give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Costa Rica National Stadium (Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica), Museum of Costa Rican Art and National Theater are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 557 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 7 mi (11.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Escazu
Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Multiplaza Mall Escazu, Avenida Escazú and Plaza Tempo. Additionally, you might want to add Refugio Herpetologico de Costa Rica to your agenda.
In Santa Ana, you can choose from 61 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Posada El Quijote - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Costa Rica National Stadium (Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica), located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre, and Museum of Costa Rican Art, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Dressing for Escazu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 16°C
- About 1848 millimetres of rain falls on Escazu each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 16°C