Families will find kid-friendly activities in Denpasar, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its temples and art. Top sights in the city include Sanur Beach, Puputan Badung Square and Benoa Harbour.
- There are 629 hotels and other accommodation options in Denpasar
- The closest major airport is in Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Denpasar
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Bali Museum, Le Mayeur Museum and Latta Mahosadi Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Puputan Badung Square, Bajra Sandhi Monument, and Jro Kuta Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Sanur Beach, Bali Orchid Garden and Sindhu Beach.
In Seminyak, there are 629 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Arena Living - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Tandjung Sari - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Samata - This 4-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Other top sights in Denpasar include Benoa Harbour. Outside the city, top places to visit include Seminyak Square, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Eat Street, which is 4.4 mi/7.1 km away.
Dressing for Denpasar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the night-time average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Denpasar is 44 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and November with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 21°C