Visiting Delaware City
Visitors can enjoy all that Delaware City has to offer including the restaurants, shopping and parks. Top sights around the area include Fort Delaware State Park and Christiana Mall.
- You'll find 81 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Delaware City
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Fort Delaware State Park and Christiana Mall. In the area, you'll also find Kirkwood Soccer Complex and Lums Pond State Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Delaware City, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 36 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Delaware City Duplex is located 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Delaware City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Newark can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Private Half Duplex Delaware City is 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from central Delaware City. This 2.5-star hotel in Wilmington features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Wilmington - Newark is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the centre of Delaware City. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Newark can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Delaware City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Delaware City gets about 1094.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C