Visiting New Castle
History buffs will enjoy exploring New Castle, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Fort Delaware State Park, Longwood Gardens and Christiana Mall.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 32.9 mi (53 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Castle
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Delaware State Park, Old Court House, and Amstel House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kirkwood Soccer Complex and Old Library Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in New Castle. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Wilmington New Castle - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham New Castle - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Longwood Gardens, located 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the city centre, and Christiana Mall, which is 5.1 mi/8.1 km away.
Dressing for New Castle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- New Castle gets about 1095 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C