Search Hotels in Dover
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dover, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Top sights in the city include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Delaware State Museums, Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village and Biggs Museum of American Art. Favourite family attractions include Delaware State Fairgrounds and Abbott's Mill Nature Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Woodland Beach, Slaughter Beach and Prime Hook Beach.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dover. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Marriott Dover - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Milford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Dover include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Dover gets about 1171 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Dover?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dover, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Dover?
What's the best hotel for families in Dover?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Dover?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Dover?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Dover?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Dover?
What's the best accommodation option if you want to visit the local casinos in Dover?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Dover?
Where's the best place to stay in Dover to learn about local history?
Dover Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Dover by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dover Airports
- Areas of Dover
- Accommodation near Dover Attractions
- More accommodation types in Dover
- Choose Your Dover Hotel Style
- Search Dover Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Dover
- Hotels Near Dover, Delaware
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends