Visiting Ocean View
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Ocean View, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and bars. Visitors who journey to this walkable and welcoming, seaside city can discover its live music, shopping, and golfing.
- Though not directly in Ocean View, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ocean View
- Top activities include golfing and surfing, while Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club, The Salt Pond Golf Club, and Baywood Greens are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its live music scene and attractions such as Town Museum, Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum, and Nanticoke Indian Museum
- Popular family attractions include Captain Jack's Pirate Golf, Long Neck Miniature Golf, and Thunder Lagoon Waterpark
- The beach, seaside, and sunrises provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are James Farm Ecological Preserve, Bethany Beach Nature Center, and Bethany Beach
Ocean View is adjacent to Bethany Beach. Top sights in the area include Delaware Seashore State Park and Fenwick Island State Park.
Dressing for Ocean View
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Ocean View gets about 1075 millimetres of rain per year