Visitors to Claymont are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its bars. Top sights around the area include Longwood Gardens, Fort Delaware State Park and Wells Fargo Center.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Claymont
Longwood Gardens, Fort Delaware State Park and Wells Fargo Center are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Lincoln Financial Field and Citizens Bank Park.
This is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Wilmington North - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Christiana Mall, located 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city centre, and The Navy Yard, which is 16.2 mi/26.1 km away.
Dressing for Claymont
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- About 1094.30 millimetres of rain falls on Claymont each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C