Visiting Castelnuovo del Garda
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Castelnuovo del Garda, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the theme park. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include Gardaland, Movieland and Canevaworld - Aqua Paradise.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodation options in Castelnuovo del Garda
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castelnuovo del Garda
A couple of favourite places to visit are Gardaland and Sea Life Aquarium. Additionally, in the area you'll find Movieland and Canevaworld - Aqua Paradise.
In Lazise, you'll find 55 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mod 05 living hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Albergo Al Sole - This 1-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Kairos Garda Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Scaliger Castle, located 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the city centre, and Grotto of Catullus, which is 8.1 mi (13.1 km) away.
Getting around Castelnuovo del Garda
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Castelnuovo del Garda Station. Castelnuovo del Garda might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castelnuovo del Garda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Castelnuovo del Garda gets about 696 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 1°C