History buffs will enjoy exploring Calistoga, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries, relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its hot springs. Top sights in the city include Calistoga Hot Springs, Old Faithful Geyser of California and Sterling Vineyards.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Calistoga
- The closest major airport is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calistoga
The city's cultural venues include Sharpsteen Museum and Ca'toga Art Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Palmer House. The hiking trails and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Calistoga Hot Springs, Old Faithful Geyser of California and Pioneer Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Calistoga. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embrace Calistoga - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Calistoga Ranch, an Auberge Resort - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Solage, an Auberge Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other top sights in Calistoga include Sterling Vineyards and Castello di Amorosa. Top places to visit around the area include Petrified Forest, 3.6 mi/5.8 km from the city centre, and V. Sattui, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Dressing for Calistoga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Calistoga gets about 1030.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C