Visiting Caldes de Malavella
Visitors to Caldes de Malavella are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, gardens and festivals. Top sights around the area include Lloret de Mar Beach, Tossa de Mar Beach and Girona Cathedral.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Caldes de Malavella
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 52.7 mi (84.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caldes de Malavella
A couple of favourite places to visit are PGA Catalunya Golf Course and PGA Catalunya Resort. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lloret de Mar Beach and Tossa de Mar Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Caldes de Malavella. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Camiral at PGA Catalunya Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Balneari Prats - Our customers like the pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hostal Fabrellas - This 2-star pension features a restaurant, free parking and a library.
Top places to see around the area include Girona Cathedral, 10.6 mi/17 km from the heart of the city, and Water World, which is 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away.
Getting around Caldes de Malavella
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Caldes de Malavella Station. Caldes de Malavella might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Caldes de Malavella
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Caldes de Malavella gets about 474.70 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C