Visiting Buzzards Bay
Visitors to Buzzards Bay are sure to enjoy the seafood restaurants and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth Rock and Mayflower II are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Buzzards Bay
- The closest major airport is in Plymouth, MA (PYM-Plymouth Municipal), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 16 mi (25.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buzzards Bay
The city's cultural venues include Aptucxet Trading Post Museum and National Marine Life Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Onset Beach and Shawme-Crowell State Forest. Additionally, you might want to add Doran Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Buzzards Bay. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Quality Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Eastern Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- All Seasons Inn and Suites - This 1.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Top places to visit around the area include Plimoth Plantation, 14.3 mi/23.1 km from the city centre, and Plymouth Rock, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away.
Getting around Buzzards Bay
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bourne Buzzards Bay Station. Buzzards Bay might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Buzzards Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Buzzards Bay gets about 40 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C