Visiting Alhaurin el Grande
Visitors to Alhaurin el Grande are sure to enjoy the golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and bars. Around the area, top sights include Los Boliches Beach, Bioparc Fuengirola and Fuengirola Beach.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodation options in Alhaurin el Grande
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Alhaurin el Grande
Golfing is a top activity, and Alhaurin Golf Resort is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Los Boliches Beach and Bioparc Fuengirola.
In Mijas, there are 99 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Baliza - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- ALEGRIA Alhaurin Golf Resort - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel El Mirador - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Fuengirola Beach, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of the city, and Aqualand Torremolinos, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Alhaurin el Grande
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Alhaurin el Grande gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°C