Visitors to Alcantara are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, architecture and art. Top sights around the area include 25th of April Bridge, Jeronimos Monastery and Belem Tower.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodation options in Alcantara
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 9.2 mi (14.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alcantara
Cultural venues in the city include LxFactory, Carris Museum and Macau Scientific Center. Additionally, you might want to add Lisboa Congress Centre to your agenda.
In Lisbon, you'll find 67 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pestana Palace Lisboa - Hotel & National Monument - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with deep soaking bathtubs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Vila Gale Opera - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Bridge - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include 25th of April Bridge, 1.5 mi/2.5 km from the city centre, and Jeronimos Monastery, which is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) away.
Dressing for Alcantara
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- About 701 millimetres of rain falls on Alcantara each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°C