History buffs will enjoy exploring Airth, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and bars. Top sights around the area include Stirling Castle, Falkirk Wheel and National Wallace Monument.
- There are 396 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Airth
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as The Pineapple. Additionally, in the area you'll find Stirling Castle and Falkirk Wheel.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Airth Castle Hotel & Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include National Wallace Monument, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the city centre, and Doune Castle, which is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away.
Dressing for Airth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Airth is 24 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C