Visitors to Grangemouth are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Stirling Castle, Royal Highland Centre and Falkirk Wheel are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Grangemouth
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grangemouth
A favourite place to visit in the city is The Kelpies. Additionally, in the area you'll find Stirling Castle and Royal Highland Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Grangemouth. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Leapark Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Grange Manor - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Helix Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Falkirk Wheel, located 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre, and National Wallace Monument, which is 11.1 mi/17.9 km away.
Dressing for Grangemouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Grangemouth is 24 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C