Visiting West Harwich
Visitors to West Harwich are sure to enjoy the beaches, seafood restaurants and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Cape Cod Museum of Art and Nauset Lighthouse.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in West Harwich
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 28.6 mi (46 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Harwich
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Earle Road Beach and Pleasant Road Beach. In the area, you'll also find Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and Cape Cod Museum of Art.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to select from in West Harwich. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Tern Inn Bed & Breakfast and Cottages - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- A Beach Breeze Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Commodore Inn By the Beach - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Top places to see outside the city include Nauset Lighthouse, 15.5 mi/24.9 km from the heart of the city, and Harwich Port, which is 2.7 mi/4.3 km away.
Dressing for West Harwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 1194 millimetres of rain falls on West Harwich each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C