Visiting West Dennis
Visitors to West Dennis are sure to enjoy the beaches, seafood restaurants and shopping. Cape Cod Museum of Art, Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and Hyannis Harbor are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodation options in West Dennis
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nantucket, MA (ACK-Nantucket Memorial), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Dennis
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and West Dennis Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bass River Lighthouse and Jericho House and Barn Museum.
Popular places to visit around the area include Cape Cod Museum of Art, 5.7 mi/9.1 km from the heart of the city, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 7 mi/11.2 km away.
Dressing for West Dennis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- About 1100.00 millimetres of rain falls on West Dennis each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C