Visitors to Wellington are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hot springs and theme park. Top sights around the area include Bakelite Museum and Dunster Castle.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wellington
A favourite place to visit in the city is Cothay Manor. In the area, you'll also find Bakelite Museum and Dunster Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Wellington. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Dairy at Bishops Barton - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Green Dragon - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Exmoor National Park, located 22 mi (35.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Wellington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Wellington is 26 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C