Visitors to Uppingham are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Rutland Water Nature Reserve and Burghley House.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Uppingham
- The closest major airport is in Nottingham (NQT), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 30.4 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uppingham
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Rutland Water Nature Reserve and Burghley House. Additionally, you'll find Rockingham Motor Speedway and Kettering Conference Centre in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Uppingham, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 71 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Crown Inn is located in central Uppingham. This 3-star inn in Oakham features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. Our customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- The Falcon Hotel is located in the heart of Uppingham. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Oakham can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Lake Isle is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Oakham features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
Dressing for Uppingham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 615.80 millimetres of rain falls on Uppingham each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C