Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Stamford, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and coffeehouses. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and relaxing, countryside city can discover its shopping, sporting events, and spas.
- There are 4 Stamford hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Stamford
- The natural beauty of the countryside is picturesque, and Stamford Meadows is worth a visit
- Also well-known for its shopping, spas, and rowing
Getting around Stamford
There are many transportation options in Stamford. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Stamford Station.
Staying in Stamford
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- William Cecil, averaging GBP 169.46/night
- The White Hart, averaging GBP 135.45/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is William Cecil with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating while The White Hart has a 4.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Stamford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Stamford is 21 millimetres