Visitors to Thompsonville are sure to enjoy the mountain views, skiing and spas. Cosy and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the area include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Torch Lake and Clinch Park Beach.
- You'll find 709 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manistee, MI (MBL-Manistee County-Blacker), 24.6 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thompsonville
A favourite place to visit in the city is Michigan Legacy Art Park. In the area, you'll also find Interlochen State Park and Platte Lake.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Thompsonville. This is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crystal Mountain - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with cable TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, 21.4 mi/34.4 km from the city centre, and Clinch Park Beach, which is 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away.
Dressing for Thompsonville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 888 millimetres of rain falls on Thompsonville each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C