Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Thekkady, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, theatres, and gardens. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, relaxing city can discover its forests, jungle, and safari.
- There are 23 Thekkady hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 64.7 mi (104.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Thekkady
- Exploring the waterfront, going on safari, and boating are top activities, while sights to visit include Periyar Boat Landing
- Well-known for its theatres and cultural attractions such as Kadathanadan Kalari Centre and Mudra Cultural Centre
- The gardens, forests, and jungle provide a picturesque setting, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is one place worth a visit
Getting around Thekkady
There are plenty of options for getting around Thekkady. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Thekkady
With 23 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Thekkady offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 17 hotels ranging from GBP 29 to GBP 163 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Greenwoods Resort, averaging GBP 95.34/night
- Shalimar Spice Garden, averaging GBP 140.25/night
Greenwoods Resort, a 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Shalimar Spice Garden has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Thekkady
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the nighttime average
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Thekkady each year