Visiting Staten Island
Families enjoy visiting Staten Island though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, waterfront and art. Staten Island Mall, Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall and Cape Liberty Cruise Port are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2175 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Staten Island
Cultural venues in the city include St. George Theatre, Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art and Lenny's Creations. Families come for attractions such as Staten Island Zoo, Roller Jam USA and Kids N' Shape. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Wadsworth, Historic Richmond Town and Freshkills Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Staten Island. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Staten Island - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Travis - Chelsea can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Fort Place Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast in St. George can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hilton Garden Inn New York / Staten Island - This 3-star hotel in Bloomfield features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other top sights in Staten Island include Staten Island Mall. Outside the city, popular places to see include Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Cape Liberty Cruise Port, which is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away.
Getting around Staten Island
With so many transport options, seeing all of Staten Island is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Oakwood Heights Station, Bay Terrace Station and New Dorp Station. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Staten Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Staten Island gets about 1175 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C