Visitors to Sherborne are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Glastonbury Abbey and Glastonbury Tor.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Sherborne
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sherborne
Cultural venues in the city include Sherborne Museum, Global Images Gallery and Sherborne Steam and Waterwheel Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Sherborne Castle, Sherborne Abbey and Sherborne Old Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Glastonbury Abbey and Glastonbury Tor.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sherborne. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Munden House - Amenities at this 5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- The Rose & Crown - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 5-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Plume of Feathers - Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Wells Cathedral, 20.2 mi/32.5 km from the city centre, and Longleat, which is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away.
Getting around Sherborne
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sherborne Station, Thornford Station or Yetminster Station. Sherborne might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sherborne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Sherborne each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C