Visiting Sector 1
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Sector 1, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums and castle. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, walkable city can discover its cafes, restaurants and shopping. Top attractions include S-Park and Village Museum.
- There are 70 Sector 1 hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Bucharest (OTP-Henri Coanda Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sector 1
- Museums and live music are well-known in the area, and attractions include Village Museum, Museum of the Romanian Peasant, and Romanian Athenaeum
- Its historic sites and castle are notable, and landmarks include Arcul de Triumf, University Square, and Yeshua Tova Synagogue
- Cismigiu Garden, Bazilescu Park, and Herastrau Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Baneasa Shopping City, Promenada and Cocor Luxury Store
Getting around Sector 1
There are many transport options in Sector 1. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Bucharest Baneasa Station or Bucuresti Nord Station.
Staying in Sector 1
In Bucharest you can choose from 77 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 63 hotels ranging from GBP 22 to GBP 133 per night.
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for trips with the family or other getaways:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Radisson BLU Bucharest
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Epoque Hotel
- Hotel Cismigiu
Epoque Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Hotel Cismigiu and Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest.
Dressing for Sector 1
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- About 587 millimetres of rain falls on Sector 1 each year