Search Hotels in Bucharest
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 1 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 17 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 13 Mar 2020
Where to stay in Bucharest
History buffs will enjoy exploring Bucharest, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafes and churches. Top sights in the city include Romanian Patriarchal Cathedral, National Museum of Romanian History and Palace of the Parliament.
- There are 580 hotels and other accommodation options in Bucharest
- The closest major airport is in Bucharest (OTP-Henri Coanda Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bucharest
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include National Museum of Romanian History, National Museum of Art of Romania and Romanian Athenaeum. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include Romanian Patriarchal Cathedral, Palace of the Parliament and Arcul de Triumf. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cismigiu Garden, Bucharest Botanical Garden and Herastrau Park.
In Popeşti-Leordeni, there are 580 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Epoque Hotel - Relais & Chateaux - This 5-star hotel in Bucharest City-Centre features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Bucharest Old Town - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bucharest City-Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Athina Suites Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Bucharest City-Centre features free WiFi, parking and concierge services. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Bucharest include Museum of the Romanian Peasant, Village Museum and University Square.
Getting around Bucharest
With so many ways to get around, seeing Bucharest is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Timpuri Noi, Piata Muncii and Obor. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Polizu, Bucharest North railway station or Bucharest Baneasa Station.
Dressing for Bucharest
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- Bucharest gets about 580.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Bucharest?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bucharest, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Bucharest?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Bucharest?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Bucharest?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Bucharest?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Bucharest?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Bucharest?
What's the best accommodation in Bucharest to absorb the local history?
Bucharest Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Bucharest by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bucharest Airports
- Areas of Bucharest
- Accommodation near Bucharest Attractions
- More accommodation types in Bucharest
- Choose Your Bucharest Hotel Style
- Search Bucharest Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Bucharest
- Hotels Near Bucharest, Bucharest
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends