Travellers to Schiphol give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene and entertainment choices. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Vondelpark, Concertgebouw and Stedelijk Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1204 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Schiphol
A couple of favourite places to visit are Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Schiphol and Amsterdamse Bos. In the area, you'll also find Vondelpark and Concertgebouw.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Schiphol. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Hotel - Our customers like the central location and WiFi at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar and a 24-hour front desk.
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a health club, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Stedelijk Museum, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and Van Gogh Museum, which is 5.9 mi (9.6 km) away.
Getting around Schiphol
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Schiphol Airport Station. Schiphol might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Schiphol
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Schiphol each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C