Visiting Santa Ynez
Upscale lodging choices in Santa Ynez make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the casinos, wineries and restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the city is Los Padres National Forest.
- You'll find 426 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Ynez
Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Gainey Vineyard, Bridlewood Winery and Roblar Winery are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Los Padres National Forest and Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum and Janeway-Parks Carriage House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Santa Ynez. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- ForFriends Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Santa Ynez Inn, Luxury Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Chumash Casino Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transport and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Goleta Beach, located 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Santa Ynez
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Ynez is 510 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C