Families will find kid-friendly activities in Goleta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Santa Barbara Natural History Museum, Mission Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara Botanical Garden.
- You'll find 521 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goleta
The city's cultural venues include South Coast Railroad Museum and Rancho La Patera and Stow House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Los Padres National Forest, El Capitan State Beach and Coal Oil Point Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sandpiper Golf Club and Center for Urban Agriculture at Fairview Gardens.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Goleta. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Santa Barbara Goleta - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Santa Barbara Natural History Museum, located 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Mission Santa Barbara, which is 6.5 mi/10.5 km away.
Getting around Goleta
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Goleta Station. Goleta may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Goleta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Goleta gets about 439.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 5°C