Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lompoc, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city will delight tourists with its wineries, shopping and entertainment. A top sight in the city is Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- You'll find 532 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lompoc
The city's cultural venues include Lompoc Museum and Artesia School Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at River Park, La Purisima Mission State Historic Park and Jalama Beach County Park. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while La Purisima Golf Course, Alma Rosa Winery and Vineyards and Marshallia Ranch Golf Course are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lompoc. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Lompoc - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Lompoc - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other top sights in Lompoc include Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Getting around Lompoc
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Surf Station. Lompoc may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lompoc
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Lompoc gets about 394.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 6°C