Visitors to Ballard are sure to enjoy the wineries and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Ballard
- The closest major airport is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballard
Wine tasting is a top activity, and Lincourt Vineyards is one place to visit. You'll also find Old Mission Santa Ines and Hans Christian Andersen Museum in the area.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Ballard Inn & Gathering Table - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ballard
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 550 millimetres of rain falls on Ballard each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C