Visiting Saint Joseph
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Saint Joseph, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Silver Beach and Warren Dunes State Park.
- You'll find 605 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Benton Harbor
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 48.2 mi (77.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint Joseph
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Silver Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Box Factory for the Arts to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Saint Joseph. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Boulevard Inn & Bistro - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
- The Inn At Harbor Shores - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa and 2 restaurants.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Joseph - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Warren Dunes State Park, located 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Saint Joseph
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from St. Joseph-Benton Harbor Station. Saint Joseph might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Saint Joseph
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Saint Joseph gets about 922 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C