Visiting South Haven
Travellers to South Haven give high marks for the beaches. The cosy and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the area include Silver Beach and Warren Dunes State Park.
- You'll find 608 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Benton Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 36 mi (57.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 49.5 mi (79.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Haven
The city's cultural venues include Michigan Maritime Museum and Michigan Flywheelers Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Van Buren State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Haven Lighthouse and Warner Vineyards.
Dressing for South Haven
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -5°C at night
- About 947 millimetres of rain falls on South Haven each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C