Travellers to Holland give high marks for the beaches and shopping. Cosy and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its breweries, parks and university setting. A top sight in the area is Grand Haven Beach.
- There are 351 hotels and other accommodation options in Holland
- The closest major airport is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 30 mi (48.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holland
Cultural venues in the city include Knickerbocker Theatre, Holland Area Arts Council and Saugatuck Center For the Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like The Felt Estate, Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society and Holland Museum. The lakes, parks and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Holland State Park, Saugatuck Dunes State Park and Oval Beach are worth a visit.
In Grand Haven, there are 351 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Baert Baron Mansion - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Judson Heath Colonial Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include John Ball Zoo, located 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the city centre, and Gerald R. Ford Museum, which is 24.9 mi/40.1 km away.
Getting around Holland
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Holland Station. Holland might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Holland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Holland is 934.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C