Visiting Rothenburg ob der Tauber
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its local tours, cafes and museums. A top sight in the city is Rothenburg Town Hall.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 42.4 mi (68.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include German Christmas Museum, Kathe Wohlfahrts Christmas Museum and Doll and Toy Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rothenburg Town Hall, Marktplatz, and Rothenburg Town Walls. The picturesque setting of Burggarten and Tauber Valley exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Burg-Hotel Relais du Silence - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rothenburg Old Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Villa Hornburg - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Middle Franconia can enjoy access to free breakfast and a library, along with free WiFi.
- Historik Hotel Gotisches Haus - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Rothenburg Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting around Rothenburg ob der Tauber
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Rothenburg ob der Tauber Station. Rothenburg ob der Tauber might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C